Monday, October 4, 2010

Update (39 weeks 3 days)

Quick update!

So the first sign of something possibly starting has finally happened! Yay! My mucus plug came out Saturday afternoon! Saturday also happened to be the second anniversary of the death of my grandfather for whom Cooper is a namesake (his name was Max). I said all along that if I don't have the baby on the 2nd then something will definitely happen and it did! It gave me chills :)

As exciting as it is for something to happen, I know it doesn't always mean much and you can go days if not weeks before labor starts. But I have been bouncing on my exercise ball (supposed to help you dilate) and going for lots of walks with the dogs. I'm still hoping to go early, I'll take even a few days! I'm having lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions, pretty much all day long but nothing real so far and obviously my water hasn't broken.

Our next appt with the midwife is on the 12th should I go that long so I'll finally get an internal exam and see if I'm dilated, which I'm sure I am. And again, doesn't mean much. Just have to wait until the real thing comes along. We're taking any and all good labor thoughts and vibes that we can get at this point so send them all this way!!

3 comments:

  1. i don't know what a mucus plug is, but it must be good if something is coming out! hopefully cooper is next :) thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you positive labor thoughts. Come on, Cooper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things definately happen for a reason at the right times. Kaela was born on the anniversay of Mike's dads death. Here's to a healthy and easy delivery of Cooper!

    ReplyDelete