Sunday, April 25, 2010

Baby Fever! (16 weeks 2 days)

So I may not have a big baby bump yet but I definitely have baby fever! Today we went to home depot and tried to pick out some paint colors for baby's room! We picked out two blues and two pinks, one dark and one light in each color. I have some pictures of the swatches posted below...but here's the vision I have in mind. The bottom half of the wall will be painted a chocolate brown, then there will be a bright white chair rail across the middle with either the blue or the pink on top. I saw it on a home makeover show probably over a year ago and wrote the idea down and I still love it!

Of course, Ryan and I like different shades of both of the colors. I like the lighter colors, what I think of as classic baby boy and baby girl blues and pinks and Ryan likes the darker colors. I really liked the light pink in the can but it looks a lot more lavendar on the wall and in the photos, although I was painting on a cream-colored wall and not a nice white primed wall.

We certainly don't have to make any decisions yet (although we do find out the sex three weeks from tomorrow!) it was really fun to do some more baby-related things.

Other than painting and getting the baby's room ready I'm really looking forward to registering! I can't wait to go to the store and pick out all the cute things for our little bubs! It's so crazy, such a dream come true, I still can't believe I get to do it all now :)

If you have some time check out the pics and leave some comments/opinions/advice about the paint colors!



5 comments:

  1. Jen- I think I agree with you and like the lighter colors. The light pink does look a little lavenderish....but it could also be the lighting. Hope you are having fun with all this! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the lighter colors boat too. Love that blue! Still thinking it's a boy? Can't wait to find out - AND to check out your registry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Light blue, dark pink. One for each.

    ReplyDelete